Categorized | Costa Brava Local News

Electric Blanket Cause of Serious Fire in Lloret De Mar

Posted on 04 March 2010 by dianew

One person was seriously injured in a fire in an apartment in Lloret de Mar, Gerona.  The injured victim suffered first and second degree burns of the hands and face, in the fire on the third floor of a building at Avenida de les Regiones,  Lloret de Mar, according to sources from the Catalan Fire Brigade.

The fire started around 12:46 am, on Thursday 4th March. The fire is reported to have been caused by an electric blanket, burning one bedroom, and smoke-damaging the rest of the apartment, as well as the stairway walls of the building. The outside facade was also damaged.

The fire caused 16 apartments to be evacuated,  five units of the Fire Brigade took just over half an hour to extinguish the fire.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

Tags | , , ,

Leave a Reply


Categories

 

costa brava, costa brava flights, costa brava accomodation, costa brava hotels, lloret de mar, costa brava property, spain, property in spain, jobs in spain,


 

costa brava, costa brava flights, costa brava accomodation, costa brava hotels, lloret de mar, costa brava property, spain, property in spain, jobs in spain,